Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

First Outline


Intro:
Attention getter – “Alright, so here’s my ad that was released in 1950s & sorry for the mini history lesson, but I’m gonna go over some events that happened in the decade before”
-          Important events that happened in the past decade
Credibility/Intro Hi guys, I’m Chassety & I don’t really have much credibility, I’m not even a COMM major, but I’m doing my best to analyze this ad for y’all (:
Thesis TBD
*transition*
Body:
Words
Schemes
-          Enumeratio
-          Isocolon
Tropes
-          Metaphor
*transition*
Picture
Visual
-          Hue
-          High Contrast
-          Abstraction
Type
-          Style: Bold
-          Emphasis: Color
-          Family: Serif
*transition*
Conclusion:
Summary – TBD
Clincher – TBD

4 comments:

  1. Good set up, but it is important to know how your devices help the ad make its' point before you choose which ones you want to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologize and be confident!:) Even though you're not a comm major, you're still just as credible as the rest of us because we haven't taken this class yet either and know just as much as you on the subject. Your body looks good and I think you should have some good points. Don't forget your internal citations and reference list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do fine. As long as you feel like you did your best, then that is all that matters. I just have one thing for you to add, which would be; to give credit or reference to Professor Vrooman's Chart, or any other chart you used while analyzing this ad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that everything you have listed here contextually is really good. You still need a good thesis and patch is some determined work. For the most part I believe that you have a really interesting ad here and you have a lot to work with.

    ReplyDelete