Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Unico Outline

Some people took Fisher Price and LEGO, I took Unico, two of these things are still around and relevant. I think Unico is a example of bad advertising. It needed to make 2 adds if not decide on one market.


  • Unico's colors
Blue and Pink(boys and girls)
very light and saturated(appeal to kids)


  • Unico shows a boy and girl
Asian boy(appeal to Asian American market) White girl(appeal to young girls who would like cutesy anime)



Unico died in the no man's land between the girl and boy isle. That was and is the structure of the American toy isle.

Isaac Marcell

2 comments:

  1. I can tell the argument you are trying to make, but unfortunately I see little evidence in way of rhetorical devices. You bring up color and the subjects, but nothing else that shows why the ad failed. It seems like a tad more is needed to flesh out the argument/presentation. Also, I find the layout of this and info given difficult to understand; but that's just personal bias. Find a way to structure the speech and find how to connect your ideas efficiently. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your claim; however, I don't think there is enough evidence to support your claims. I would use rhetorical devices from your findings on the ad along with some external resources. I also think you could have a more in depth structured layout of your argument, adding more evidence would help with this along with adding more content.

    ReplyDelete