Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Monday, February 26, 2018

SWFLPR Fallacies

Main landing page:


  • “I really believe there’s more than what we’re doing right here and now,” Leigh said. “I believe we continue in some form.”

---Begging the question, circular argument and conclusion is part of premise. 
---Anecdotal fallacy 

  • it took me many years to believe in what my wife does. I’m a black-and-white guy, prove it to me, But there’s so many things that she’s said that, logically, I can’t explain.” 


logically I can't explain (excuse me, based on all of this evidence your wife has found you logically can't explain therefore you believe)
----Anecdotal fallacy 


  • “We’re like detectives. We just are the police of things you can’t see.
appeal to misleading authority 
side note I'm having hard tie deciding what this is but I know it must be something 

No comments:

Post a Comment