Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Outline for Coffee Ad #21- Jacqueline Mora

                                                           Outline


Intro/ attention getter: Ever since i was small i could remember coming downstairs to my mother drinking coffee with friends. Living in a Latin culture coffee was used as a refreshment for gatherings and invitations to talk and eat pan together. In Puerto Rico they even have a coffee that's originated from there that me and my family loved to make in the mornings. Anyways i think that was the reason why I was drawn to this ad, because of how detailed they were on the smell of the coffee and how they based the whole ad on it.

1.background information on coffee and if it was popular or not.

   a. origin, history

    b. sales etc.


2. Analyzing ad and why was it successful or not.

   a. Flaws in persuasion

  b. Successes in persuasion


3. my overall review 

  a. what I would change 

  b. what I wouldn't change 

  c. How sexist was it

2 comments:

  1. My main suggestion to you is to make your outline more dynamic and compact. You don't need to have your whole intro written down, just a few points to guide you through your presentation in case you forget something or get lost during your speech. I would also add connectives to the outline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks great. However it is important to have your outline to be memory jogging bullet points. As well as ad connectives and a good conclusion to leave people with a clear idea of what you believe this ad is. Overall it looks great and you are gonna have a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete