Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Outline Draft - Dior Ayala

Link guides towards draft of device list with a copy of Ad #19 : Ad Analysis

Outline

  • Introduction
    • Attention getter : Every day coffee is the first thing in my mind. The rich aroma of it when it brews energizing me, reviving me from the dead sleep. The smooth and warm feel of it down my throat refreshing in the cool mornings. But even with all that delicious temptations, I value my health as well. So I will be blunt, caffein truly sucks. 
    • Preview : Sanka Coffee is was created with this in mind. A way for people to enjoy this amazing treat without the backlash of a caffeine crash and other much more severe repercussions while enjoying the brew. Even bring up new aromas to love.
    • Credibility : Being a Communications Major with a minor in PR, one of the classes necessary for my education is with Dr. Vrooman, who has vast knowledge that he has started to instil into our mind, and with the aid of A chart of Schemes that helps analyze.

  • Body (summary)
      • use visulas*  connect info for a smoother transition  (maybe put ad in background)
    • Scheme -- part one--
      • sub : alliteration : assonance
      • TRANSITION
    • Topes ---part two ---
      • sub : irony : antiphrasis
      • TRANSITION
    • Visual ---part three--- (not sure about this part)
      • sub : colour : hue
      • sub : perspective : flat
      • TRANSITION
    • Type --- part four ---
      • sub : emphasis
      • TRANSITION
*credit before reaching conclusion*
  • Conclusion
    • thesis
    • Logical and psychological closure

4 comments:

  1. HI Dior!!
    I really like what you did here I just have a few suggestions.
    First I see where your headed on your attention getter however – I would make it shorter, just cut to the point a little more. I see that you made a reference list of the schemes and tropes you will talk about in your speech and that is good. I do believe that Professor Vrooman said we can’t use visual so I would take that section of your transition out. The psychological and logical conclusion is good because it relates back to what we learned in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on citations! (reminds me that I need to do the same). All around a great outline, just don't forget about your reference page at the very end. Your body douse seem a little long, maybe practice your speech a few times to see if you need to cut anything out, but I completely understand wanting to cover everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dior! You’ve done some super great stuff so far! You definitely have a solid foundation to build upon. Your introduction is solid, but I’m wondering if you should downsize it to only a few key phases that will help remind you of things you might forgot (At least this is what I got from the examples offered in the Zombie Guide). Make sure to establish a solid thesis too (I understand this is only an outline, so I know your final product will be amazing). Other than that, awesome work! I know you’re final product will be great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your outline is very well organized and easy to follow. I think it’s good that you reminded yourself to give credit to your sources before your conclusion. The one suggestion I have is to memorize your introduction (including the attention getter, the preview, and your credibility) so you don’t have as many words in your outline, which might make it difficult to find your place while speaking.

    ReplyDelete