Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Outline for #6- Caroline Hrncir

 Imagine you’re a sweet lady in the 1950s, and you’d do just about anything to turn that grouch husband of yours into a pleasant angel! Well Chase and Sanborn suggest you pour him a nice, smooth cup of special selected coffee. 

This is what I believe the ad that I worked on is trying to convey, and I’m going to show you some ideas that helped me come to this conclusion.




  • Connect devices to goals of CS



-so that’s how we can understand what this ad is trying to convey, and who it is trying to appeal to.



  • Now that we understand and see how these people were urging to get their point across, we can walk away knowing ___


  • I challenge you to ask yourselves what this ad conjured inside of you when you first saw it, and what you think of now that (I hope) you’ve learned a few things about it. 
  • Thank you, and I hope I could espresso some good speculations for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment