Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Bigfoot outline

Brianna Gonzales 
Introduction: 
Attention getter
 Introduction and credibility- Name, credibility being me the person who analyzed the piece 

Thesis- the writer of this piece is ineffective at making this story believable because of the (fallacies included)  
Preview- Repetition of accents, Appeal to authority and Hasty Generalizations  

Body:
P1- Repetition 
  • Accent “wooooahhh”                                                                             
  • Appeal to authority 
TRANSITION “speaking of appeal to authority” 
P2- Appeal to Authority
  • “Between the two of us…”
  • “ I've spent the good part of my life….”
TRANSITION
P3- Hasty Generalizations 
  • “It seemed clear to us they were calling back to one another..”
  • The entire piece: elaborate
TRANSITION
Conclusion: 
Thesis- The authors attempt of convincing their audience that big foot is real was not successful because of the fallacies used including repeating the accent, appealing to misleading authority, and using hasty generalizations.
Clincher- Apparently suspicious moaning in the woods means something other than what most of us would imagine.

4 comments:

  1. The outline is very well structured and easy to follow and should pose no problem, though if meeting 5 minutes minimum becomes a problem, this outline is open enough to add easily. Good job on the clincher, and I wish I could give advice on the attention-getter, but it stumps me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outline is organized well and is easy to follow. I'm not sure what to put for an attention getter either, but I'm sure there's lots of routes you could take with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your clincher like honestly... that was exactly what I was thinking once I saw your report lol. The only thing is don't forget a reference list (I need to do mine as well, so this is just a reminder for both of us). It seems like you mostly have everything down and your PowerPoint is simple and clean. Looking forward to your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this outline looks good so far! Maybe for an attention getter you could tell a story about a time someone someone told you a super BS story that you didn't believe. Idk, attention getters are hard. I also noticed you only used the fallacies and not P-OT in the outline, and idk if we're supposed to use both or not in our presentation, but that's also something to think about.

    ReplyDelete