Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Cereal Ad Blog Post :What Makes It Work?

Trinity Murdock 

#12

Frosted Flakes are my favorite cereal, I have tried to be completely unbiased. There are definitely rhetorical strategies used throughout this ad. Does that make it a good ad, after looking at it and analyzing the table, they put a lot into making it look simple and structured. Gotta give them credit for that, and they stayed on brand. I rated it seven out of 10 in my personal scale of ad efficiency below is my analysis.

\



WHAT I SAW 










2 comments:

  1. In this ad we can see a tiger stalking the bowl of cereal, like how it would be doing in the wild. This shows a level of desirability in the Frosted Flakes. In the ad it states that the cereal was made for kids and since they saw that adults wanted the cereal as well, we know that its loved by all. From a kid to a tiger, this cereal is sought after by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trin! I agree with what Michaela is saying about how it goes from kids, to adults, to even the tiger. Something that I think you could base your argument on further is the "You,too?" I think is something you can reference as a call to action, kind of sort of like saying "Everyone else is doing it... you should too".

    ReplyDelete