Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Sunday, February 4, 2024

AD SPEAKING OUTLINE

 

  • Opening

I learned how the seams of an ad run deep.

INTRODUCE , WHAT ARE YOU PRESENTING?

3 different type of “thread” .

  • Schemes – 

-       ERROR – TMESIS( TUH MEE SIS) – WORD SEPERATED 2 -example 

-        

 

  • TROPES

-       APORIA – MOCK DEBATE WITH RHETORICAL QUESTIONS – example 

  • VISUAL 

-       COLOR – HUE – IDENTIFYING COLOR – example

-       COLOR – VALUE – LIGHT OR DARKNESS of COLOR – example

 

-       PERSPECTIVE (geometric)- ILUUSION OF DEPTH AND SPACE – example (dimension of space)

 

-       FOCALIZERS – FIGURES/COLORS/SPACE USED TO BRING ATTENTION

 

-       ICONS – SYMBOLS that call to mind in a genre – example 

 

  • Conclusion

Goal of the ad 


merge idea of being in a jungle and looking for a meal with Kellogg’s cereal. 


This goal was pushed with the use of 

SCHEMES – ERROR

TROPES- APPORIA

VISUAL – FOCALIZERS and more


These rhetorical strategies allow for the ad to be sewn seamlessly, making it a THUMBS UP 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. This is a well-constructed and succinct outline! Definitely questioning mine lol I need to wrap my conclusion better, after seeing your example. The only thing I'm not seeing here is your resources. Remember, Dr. Vrooman always pushes citations! (I don't know if I did either) haha.....oi vey. I'm looking forward to hearing your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one thing i'll add to your outline is making sure you state what your thesis is or what you are arguing and add it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your format for your outline!! I like how colorful it is, and it's very well organized. It seems like there needs to be more about your thesis and argument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a well thought out outline (especially the pronuncat-see-on) and I like your use of words. My only note would be to add your citations for where you got your terms from (Vrooman) and to clearly state your thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a well thought out outline and I like that you're including pronunciation on the words in case it is something you get stuck on. However, I agree with Haley about what your thesis is. You should state right off whether you think the ad is affective or not.

    ReplyDelete