Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Speaking Outline Rough, Rough Draft - Easton Allen

 Introduction:

Attention Getter: TBD


Topic/Thesis: I want to get across that Diet Coke uses minimalistic design and the emotional appeal of attractive women to convince consumers to purchase their newer, odd flavors of soft drink.


Credibility: (Introduce myself and mention that my credibility doesn't mean that much as I really don't drink soda anymore)


Preview: So, if we wanna take a look deeper as to why Diet Coke made these choices with their ad, I have two main points that I want to dive into that deal with the thesis I mentioned above.


1. The use of minimalistic design.


2. And the use of the emotional appeal of an attractive woman.


Transition


Body:


Main Point 1


  • Internal Previews

    • Ex. 1 (Color, hue and value)

    • Ex. 2 (Empty space)

    • Ex. 3 (possibly serifs)


Transition


Main Point 2


  • Internal Previews

    • Ex. 1 (Italics and intensifiers)

    • Ex. 2 (focalizers)

    • Ex. 3 (close ups)

    • Ex. 4 (eye-level angle) possibly




Transition


Conclusion:


Summary referencing my main points while also adding some sort of psychological closure at some point when I have more time.


Clincher: TBD


5 comments:

  1. I think you have a very organized outline which is good and will help you if you get lost during your speech. For credibility I would make sure to add Vroomans chart and being in his rhetoric class since we are pulling from his material to discuss our Ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outline is extremely aesthetically pleasing. I do not for see any issues utilizing this outline during a speech. The use of transitions is spot on and the sub points within your main points are excellent as they clearly communicate what you are attempting to convey to readers with a sufficient length. Although, I feel that your introduction is too bulky. Your thesis, credibility, and preview could be briefer and still illustrate the same message. Additionally, citations could be used throughout your outline to provide authority to your message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outline looks great to me. I love how easy it is to read and how not incredibly specific it is. You do have a lot of points and it would be tempting to talk for a long time on each and every point. Another suggestion is the reference of the chart from class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the outline looks and it seems like it will be very easy to follow. I think the fact that you have the subpoint will be good so that you know what you want to talk about for each main point.The one thing I would recommend is adding the citations such as Vrooman's chart to the outline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this outline looks great. Everything is short enough to remind you what you want to say, but not confuse you when you get lost. Overall, I think this is a good outline.

    ReplyDelete