Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Speaking outline roughhhhh draft - Marisa Rodriguez

 Introduction 

-Attention getter 

Preview 

Credibility (Vroomans charts, Rhetoric class ) 

Transition 

Thesis - Coke and health

Transition

Body 1

-Visual 

  • Color - saturation 
  • Light - high contrast 
  • Perspective- geometric 
  • Diagonals - oblique 
  • Space - full 

Transition 

Conclusion 

-Ad works 

-direct message 


5 comments:

  1. Overall, I think this is one of the best outlines in terms of being concise for giving an actual speech. The format is great; particularly pertaining to the organization of the outline and the transitions between points. For your body paragraph I would include more than just visual elements. Additionally, you may need to include more in the body sub points to remind yourself what it is about the element you are speaking over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outline’s simplicity and conciseness. I for one, would prefer a little bit more detail in an outline for my personal use. You have all of the requirements in this outline minus the references and citations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The structure of your outline is clean and to the point. I like how you have your rhetorical devices ready to use as your main points. Going off that is of course trying to find a way to synthesize all of those ideas into an effective thesis that works for you. Other than that, this looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it is an outline that is easy to understand but there are a few things that I think could help. I like that you have your points for the visual aspect but maybe adding in another one might be helpful but if not then just make sure that you know how you are going to talk about each subpoint. The other is the thesis. Generally, I find it helpful if it is completely written out so I can connect it to the point I am trying to make but do what works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a good outline. I do think it could have a little more detail, just in case you forget. I also agree with everyone else when they say that you should add something else to another point to the body portion.

    ReplyDelete