Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Bfoot fallacies analysis

 

Hasty generalization

A conclusion is drawn from too small a sample of evidence.

“she heard it run and jump the small creek. After it landed on the other side, it growled at her. She also stated that it had a horrible smell. I had never mentioned anything to her about bigfoot (smell sounds).It is my belief that this is what she had contact with.”

Wishful thinking

Something is true because I want it to be.

“The bottom was being unscrewed, and the parts found scattered down the creek.This is a free hanging feeder.It takes two people to screw the bottom on (very tight).”

Emotional Appeal

Something is true because it makes us feel good or untrue because it doesn’t.

“After reading other reports recently, I am convinced of what I saw. I did not go back to check. I don't even like to drive that road at night anymore.”

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment