Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Dakota Timmermann - Ad Outline

 Thesis

    Satisfactory not outstanding

    Pushy rather than focusing on the power of product

Overview 

    first covering pushy elements then my suggested focus

Pushy Elements

Emphatic: enumeratio

    Not needed.

Understatement: litotes

    more on their product

Emphatic: diacope

    This is a very aggressive slogan.

    comes off too hard

Focus Elements 

Arrangement: Climax

    Good story… go on

Exaggeration: hyperbole

    Again with the story!

Substitution 

    Set them apart from competition.

Appearance

Style: All Caps

    Center?

Family: Serif 

    Decent

X-Height

    Good change.

Conclusion

Overall not terrible

Better focus

2 comments:

  1. Dakota has a lot in the outline. I didn't see an Intro section unless she will have it practiced for her full speech. Her conclusion does wrap up what her point is her ad. She may run out of time it looks like there is much to cover. I think she could find some info about this product, maybe the demographics and a group the company's trying to target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way Dakota chose to organize her Outline regarding when to talk about the different devices- pretty smart. I realized thanks to Denise's comment that Dakota didn't put an intro, and I also realized I didn't either, so we both need to add those. I think she will have a fulfilling presentation that will turn out to be not too long, but also not too short. I am also curious on who she thinks the target audience is?

    ReplyDelete