Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Monday, March 22, 2021

Anthony's Big foot outline

     Bigfoot, we have all heard the stories, the myths, or even in some cases the facts. First, let’s start it off

with the facts, if bigfoot were to be actually real this is what he looks like. He’s a large man that has 2

large feet and looks like a killer bear walking on 2 feet like a human. Some of you might not have had the

glory to see this beast they call bigfoot, but I have, many times when I was young, I would show you all a

picture of bigfoot but I was too young to have a phone so just believe me when I tell you bigfoot is real.

There are many people out there trying to make up myths and lies that bigfoot actually doesn’t walk this

earth, but they're wrong. After analyzing all of the bigfoot sightings and using the fallacy chart, I can

determine that bigfoot is real and is still walking this earth to this day. 

On January 28, 2021, it was a crisp warm day up in the Florida sunshine state while a man was on a hike near a small town called Crestview. The hiker was out on a walk when he saw a dismantled deer on the ground with his head and legs jawed off. As the hiker went back to his car, there it was the massive bear-like human being walking across the field. As you will see in the video, right when the man gets out of the car, bigfoot heads for the tree line to take cover from the man because he doesn’t want anyone to see him. Bandwagon, this is one fallacy that could be used if we are looking at the other side of the bigfoot sighting this man saw. He might be just overreacting and trying to get attention from the internet, but if that was the case he should be on Hollywood acting. Appeal to ignorance is another fallacy that could be used. He states, “To me it looked hunched over or like it’s shoulders we’re rolled forward. I showed a buddy and he agreed with me so idk.” He may be jumping to the conclusion a little too fast for some people to handle, if I were in his shoes I would’ve ran after the thing with a .308 rifle and tracked him down. 

One premise we can use is concrete data, the man obviously showed us the actual video of bigfoot and for some it might not be clear, but for others it can be very clear to what we saw. The one good thing that helps us with this data is the man actually shows us a real concrete video that isn’t messed with at all. Another premise is specific, he is saying trust me I am right and I know what I saw. 

Bigfoot, real or not, we can conclude that the beast is out there and ready to attack. So if you're ever on a hike come prepared to fight off the beast and have your video camera ready to get the proof. As this Florida man said, he believes he saw bigfoot and he thinks that bigfoot is out there. So whichever side you are one, we all saw the same video and the pictures of bigfoot, real or fake, bigfoot is out there right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment