Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Outline MMR

Introduction – 
Attention Getter: I too myself have recalled seeing bigfoot at a young age, he was large, loud, hairy and..... dancing along to 1976 hit song Dancing Queen???? Sadly, this recollection only turned out to be a drunk hairy uncle in my backyard. 
Intro/credibility: I am not a lumberjack nor do I sell jerky, so i'm about as un-credible as it gets, but thanks to Vroomans Chart, Im 100% certified. 
Thesis: There is no bigfoot, and the crypt occurrences that happened were simply someone playing a joke. And the person jumped to conclusions. 
Credit: Vrooman’s Fallacies and P-OT charts
Transition

Body – 
Overview:   
Point 1
  • Appeal To Ignorance (***will will in later)
  • Unrepresentative Sample(***)

Transition
Point 2

  • Facts Observed(***)


  • EXAMPLE
When we were leaving the ranger station before we went out, a ranger had told us of locals harassing the campers around the campsites in that area.

Transition 

Conclusion – 
Summary: TBD
Conclusion: NO BIGFOOT ONLY DRUNK UNCLES WHO LIKE ABBA

3 comments:

  1. What you have so far is good and it made me laugh. Your connections with humor are going to keep the audience's attention. Your outline is definitely on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the attention getter! Looks good so far! What are your two points going to be? Make sure to making them evident when presenting, then just wrap it all up for your summary and you'll be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the beginning and ending go full circle on the drunk uncle idea, definitely helps to wrap up and let us know you're done so props there! I think your outline looks like it has pretty much everything you need, I think you might have already had this idea with the "overview" but you could give us a brief summary of your two main points before you get into the first one. Digging the humor for sure, that's not something I'm always great at myself so I love seeing it in others!

    ReplyDelete