Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Day 34.5 Toolbox Data Blog Post_Urban Knitting



So I am still analyzing my primary source for my movement. I am using the toolbox we learned regarding Donawerth, specifically centered around Madeleine de Scudéry for right now. Scudéry formulated a rhetoric of conversation for a specific place, a salon. She brings out how the salon brought about social mobility as well as some form of education. Yarn bombing brings about social mobility because it crosses borders, and brings attention to pieces done around a neighborhood. Knitting, thought to be something a grandma does, is used differently in order to start a conversation.

I am working on possibly using cyborg rhetoric for a secondary source, an urban knitting Instagram page.

No comments:

Post a Comment