Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Final Post- British Suffrage- Madalin Kocian

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the blurry nature of the pictures of my excel documents showing my analysis. I just could not get the formatting to work by just screenshotting from excel, so bear with me. 
So on to my analysis. My main argument is going to be about how the shift in rhetorical language shifts the movement from peaceful protest to violence and even terrorism strengthens rather than weakens the movement for British Suffrage. In my presentation, I will be looking more into the spoken rhetoric rather than analyzing pictures and signs. However, I think that through my analysis of the sign pictures below this text I was able to really gain an understanding of the context behind the movement, and as this was the first critical moment in the fight for British Suffrage, I was able to glean the importance of this sign itself. As my analysis progresses, I found myself thinking more critically about the small details that influenced the audience while looking at this sign, and I think that is an overall reflection that can be applied to the movement at large. I chose to only include my analysis of this image because a lot of the themes and possible intentions uncovered could really be applied to most any sign found in this era, as well as some of the spoken rhetoric. The image I have analyzed is directly below and the analysis follows.
Image result for votes for women sign annie kenney


Feel free to comment if there are any suggestions on where this analysis could lead or if you had a different interpretation of anything. 
Madalin Kocian

No comments:

Post a Comment