Links to rhetorical tools:

Here are links to the rhetorical tools used in this class:

Schemes & Tropes -- Perelman & Olbrechts-Tyteca -- Fallacies -- Burke -- Rhetorical Toolbox -- Conspiracy Rhetorics

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Correction from Final Presentation

Attention fellow classmates,

I want to correct a mistake I made during the final presentation today, namely the thing I said on accident.

I stated during the "ideas" portion that the paper sack "was for anonymity and symbolized race." The first part of the statement was made correctly, but the second part was a mistake.

What I meant to say was "...and it can serve as a symbol of anonymity against the stereotypical Guy Fawkes mask." (If you do not know what the Guy Fawkes mask  looks like, it is linked here: http://bit.ly/2r2K2YC)

I had a slip during the presentation - I was very nervous and I let the heat of the moment get to my head. I messed up big time.

I apologize if I offended anyone today, or made anyone feel uncomfortable.

I would especially like to apologize to JaKayla, who asked me about my faulty statement and I could not provide an answer. JaKayla, if you are reading this, then I wanted to say that I am sorry that I could not clear up the misunderstanding when you asked me earlier.

I am so sorry for my mistake. I had a really great semester with all of you. Hope everybody has a fantastic summer.

Sincerely,

Joshua Oliver

1 comment: